The AOG Service Spotlight highlights members of the Air Force Academy family (grads, cadets, family and friends of the Academy) every month who perform outstanding service that makes a positive and meaningful impact in their communities and beyond. Let these inspiring stories foster a spirit of service within the Air Force Academy family and inspire further commitment to a lifetime of service.
Cadet-Athletes: Pen Pal Program
This year, Air Force Athletics started the Air Force Pen Pal Program that connects cadet-athletes with kids across the country. Our cadets correspond with these kids via letters, answering their questions and discussing what it's like to be at the Academy.
Cadet are very involved in the community. Check out some of the stories about that in the past few years:
- Children's Hospital Colorado visits practice
- Cadet volunteer head-coaches children's soccer team
- Operations Air Force: Cadets volunteer at equine therapy center
- USAFA cadets team with Forest Service to build bridge
- Cadets trade spring break fun for dirt, debris
- Air Force men's basketball holds clinic for local children
- Air Force basketball teams up to help community
- Academy welcomes newest ‘cadet for a day’
- Liver transplant recipient is latest Air Force Academy cadet for a day
- Cadet for a day Ryleigh reports for duty
Learn about more USAFA grads serving their communities. ►