Graduate Dependent Scholarships
2017 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Winners will be notified in late May 2017
The Board of Directors of the Association of Graduates (AOG) is pleased to offer Graduate Dependent Scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year. Graduate Dependent Scholarships are annual awards. Recipients are selected by the GDS Selection Committee. Scholarships are intended to directly support post-secondary education for the children of AOG graduate members.
These are $500 scholarships. The total amount available for scholarships is determined annually by the Board of Directors.
Scholarship award winners, as well as those applicants not selected to receive a scholarship in each year, are encouraged to re-apply for scholarships in subsequent years if they are still eligible.
- The applicant must be a natural child or legally adopted child of a graduate of the US Air Force Academy, however, they need not be financially dependent upon the graduate or his/her surviving spouse.
- Graduate must be a paid-in-full AOG Life Member or must have maintained annual membership for at least five consecutive years immediately preceding the submission. Membership requirements for applicants who are children of deceased graduates will be evaluated on an individual basis by the selection committee.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Applicant must verify intent to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student, as defined by the institution, at a nationally or regionally accredited college/university. If you have accepted your appointment to a Service Academy, please forgo applying for this scholarship. Student may be enrolled in any program of study or field. The award is paid directly to award winners only upon verification of acceptance into an accredited institution.
- An individual will NOT be awarded more than four scholarships.
- Starts with receipt of application package with required supporting documentation (College Application, High School Application). For Academic Year 2017-2018, the deadline for receiving completed packages via email is 5 March 2017.
NOTE: Applicants who have previously submitted application packages, regardless of whether they were awarded a scholarship, must re-submit all required information. If you are graduating high school in the Spring of 2017 please fill out the High School Application form.
- A selection committee will convene to evaluate and prioritize all eligible applicants. The scholarship winners will be determined based on demonstrated merit; however, financial need of applicants may be considered.
- Scholarship winners, alternates and non-selected applicants will be notified before the end of May. Winners will be required to provide verification of acceptance at an accredited school and submit a statement that they intend to attend that school prior to actual receipt of the award monies.
- Appropriate publicity of scholarship selectees will appear in Checkpoints and winners may be asked to provide a recent photo of themselves or of the check presentation.
Questions on this scholarship program should be directed to the GDS Program at email@example.com or by calling Bill Preston at (719) 313-4270 between 9am & 5pm M-F.