Character and Leadership Development Funds
Character and leadership development, deliberately integrated with academic, athletic and military training, distinguishes the Academy from other institutions of higher-education. Character defines our professional military identity.
New cadets arrive at the Academy having attained the highest levels of academic, leadership or athletic achievement that are possible for persons of their age. They possess great potential for continued personal and professional success. But, even with their achievement and potential, the forces that shape our contemporary adolescent culture can yield personalities never before challenged to consider honesty, integrity, the welfare of others, or loyalty to an institution. Therein lies the challenge and need for character development at the Academy. Each year, support for character and leadership development programs supplements the basic necessities of preparing young officer candidates for service in our Air Force through a variety of character and leadership education programs, and unique service learning and personal development opportunities.
Other Character and Leadership Development Funds
- Academy Character Enrichment Seminar (ACES)
- Cadet Service Learning Fund
- Dennis P. Rando Cadet Humanitarian Fund
- Falcon Heritage Forum Fund
- Leaders in Flight Today (LIFT)
- Major General William J. "Bud" Breckner Memorial Endowment
- NCLS Fund
- POW Memorial Fund
- President Harry S. Truman Lecture Endowment
- Risner Senior Military Scholar Fund
- Wakin Character and Leadership Fund
- Wings of Blue Fund for Character & Leadership