End of the Year Gift Guide
Thank you for considering the United States Air Force Academy Endowment for your end-of-the-year giving. Your gift will enable the Endowment to continue providing transformative private support to the Air Force Academy.
For your convenience, we offer multiple ways to give:
- Online: Use our secure online giving site.
- Phone: Please call 719 472-0300 ext 200 prior to 4:30 PM MST on December 31, 2014, to make your gift using your credit or debit card.
- Mail: In order for gifts by mail to be accounted for in the 2014 tax year, envelopes containing checks must be postmarked by the United States Postal Service in 2014. If paying via credit card, your gift must be received by December 31, 2014 in order to be processed as a 2014 gift.
- Please mail gifts to:
- USAFA Endowment
- 3116 Academy Dr. Ste 200
- USAF Academy, CO 80840-4475
Answers to frequently asked questions about end-of-the-year gifts:
Gifts of Cash/Check
Checks should be made payable to the USAFA Endowment. Please indicate your gift designation on the memo line of your check.
The date of the gift is subject to IRS rules. It is the responsibility of the donor to substantiate the date of the contribution.
Mailed checks must be postmarked by December 31, 2014 to be recorded as a 2014 gift. Please note this does not apply to mailed credit card gifts.
Gifts by Debit/Credit Cards
The IRS requires credit card donations to be processed in the same year of the deduction. Therefore, all credit card donations must be processed on or before December 31. Please make your credit card gifts online to ensure that they will be processed in 2014.
- Online credit card gifts processed on December 31, 2014, will be recorded as 2014 gifts. Credit card gifts received over the phone or through the mail after 4:30 PM MST on December 31, 2014, will be processed in January and recorded as 2015 gifts.
- Gifts by credit card received in the mail, must be received by December 31, 2014 to be recorded as a 2014 gift.
Gifts of Securities
Gifts of appreciated securities provide financial support to the Air Force Academy and the USAFA Endowment, and may as well have tax benefits for the donor.
STOCK TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS:
Donors can instruct their financial institution to transfer securities electronically via "DTC" to the USAFA Endowment at:
VANGUARD BROKERAGE SERVICES DTC
For further credit to: USAFA Endowment
Account number: 66118829
To ensure that the contribution is receipted in an expedient manner, please communicate the stock transfer request in writing or electronically to the USAFA Endowment using this sample letter as a guide.
Information to include in letter or e-mail:
Name of donor, name and number of shares donated, and reason/campaign for which the donation is being made.
If emailing, please copy: Jennifer Bateman , Vice President of Development
Remember your Matching Gift
Many employers match gifts made by employees, spouses, and retirees. Please visit our website or check with your human resources department to see if you qualify and return the required matching gift form with your gift to the Endowment.