Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, we are striving to become the #1 convenience retailer in the U.S. by 2021. We're excited about this effort and serious about achieving it. One way that we are progressing toward this part of the Kum & Go Vision is by truly embracing our culture and the elements that comprise it. We are currently expanding our market into Colorado, with 8 new locations going up in Colorado Springs by December 2012!
Similar to the Air Force Academy, our culture is driven by five core values:
- Passion - "We love what we do, and it shows in our work."
- Integrity - "We do the right thing, even when it is difficult."
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity."
- Caring - "We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families and communities."
- Excellence - "We expect and deliver superior performance."
- We have maintained 50+ years of dedicated community commitment, each year sharing 10% of our profits with charitable and educational causes;
- Kum & Go is the fifth largest privately held, company-operated convenience store chain in the United States;
- Our family-owned company began in 1959, in Hampton, Iowa;
- Kum & Go has grown to more than 400 convenience stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Wyoming); and
- Thanks to the efforts of our more than 4,000 associates, Kum & Go convenience stores continue to lead the industry in customer service and convenience.