Twenty Graduate Dependent Scholarships Awarded For Academic Year 2013-2014
The AOG Board of Directors continued their long-standing (since 1987) support for the Graduate Dependent Scholarship Program, approving awards of $500 to twenty children of USAFA graduates.
A total of seventy-four completed applications were sent to a volunteer committee to review and rank. The volunteer committee, consisting of Lt Col (Ret) JD Barrow ’75, Lt Col (Ret) Sandy Keeter, ’83, Lt Col (Ret) Robert Cruz ’83, Lt Col Shelley Strong, ’93, and Capt Michael Sherman, ’07 devoted considerable time to scoring each applicant’s package. Scores were then consolidated and the twenty applicants with the highest total points were awarded scholarships.
The AOG congratulates all of the GDS applicants, especially the winners, for their records of academic achievement, community involvement, and exemplary service.
Those selected to receive a scholarship for Academic Year 2013-2014 are listed below in alphabetical order. Graduate parents’ names are shown in parentheses.
- LISA ALLEN ***- Miss Allen is a senior at Texas Christian University (Ft. Worth TX) and her goal is to become a physical therapist. She is also a 4-year varsity letter winner in Cross Country, Swimming and Track and Field. (Ralph Allen, ’72)
- EMILY BABSKI – Miss Babski is a freshman at the Virginia Tech (Blacksburg). She is studying to become a certified public accountant. (Ronald Babski, ’85)
- REBECCA BABSKI ** – Miss Babski is a junior the University of Virginia (Charlottesville). She has been a consistent member of the UVA Dean’s list, Echols Scholar, and College Science Scholar. (Ronald Babski, ’85)
- CARA BROSHKEVITCH – Miss Broshkevitch graduated from Loudoun Valley High School where she maintained a 4.73 GPA. (Andrea Henning, ’87)
- GABRIELLA CAVUOTI ** – Miss Cavuoti is a sophomore at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. She is studying for a degree in Nursing with an emphasis in pediatrics. (Frank Cavuoti, ’85)
- BRYAN DALE ** – Mr. Dale is a junior at the University of Virginia (Charlottesville) where he is pursuing a double major; Engineering and Physics. (Eric Dale, ’84)
- ROBERT DOBY – Mr. Doby is a senior at Harvest Christian Academy where he maintains a 4.0 GPA. (David Doby, ’82 and Kathleen Moyer, ’83)
- RYAN ERDMANN – Mr. Erdmann is a freshman at University of Nebraska (Lincoln) where he is seeking a degree in Computer Science. (Steven Erdmann, ’84)
- DANIEL FISHER – Mr. Fisher is a senior at Poquoson High School with a 4.40 GPA. (Emily Fisher, ’83)
- JENNA HESSERT *** – Miss Hessert is a junior at Yale University (New Haven CT) pursing her bachelor’s degree in Geology and Geophysics. (Ruth Deniston, ’84 and Peter Hessert, ’84)
- EMILY KENNEY - Miss Kenney is a sophomore at Washington University pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering. (Thomas Kenney, ’87)
- MEGAN KILBRIDE – Miss Kilbride is a freshman at the University of Notre Dame seeking a bachelor’s degree in Biology.
- JAKE KOBYLARZ – Mr. Kobylarz is currently a freshman in the Honors Program at Tulane University majoring in Neuroscience. (Thomas and Korina Kobylarz, ’86)
- KARLIE KOBYLARZ – Miss Kobylarz is a senior at Hollis Brookline High School with a 3.83 GPA and excels in three varsity sports. (Thomas and Korina Kobylarz, ’86)
- RACHEL LEE – Miss Lee is a freshman at the University of Denver where she is pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business. (Montgomery Lee, ’76)
- ANASTASIA MATUSIEWICZ – Miss Matusiewicz is a freshman at Virginia Tech where her focus is International Studies. (Mary Elizabeth Donohue, ’86)
- NATALIE NILES – Miss Niles is a freshman at Seton Hall University and pursuing a degree in Biology. (James Niles, ’81)
- MELISSA O’SULLIVAN – Miss O’Sullivan is a freshman at Columbia University (New York) seeking a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. (Jeremiah O’Sullivan, ’71)
- JESSICA RICHELIEU *** – Miss Richelieu is a sophomore at Idaho State university (Pocatello ID). She has consistently maintained a 4.0 GPA in her Biology studies. (Rodney Richelieu, ’83)
- CHAD SMITH – Mr. Smith is a sophomore at The University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) where he is majoring in Zoology and Pre-Medicine.
*Asterisks indicate this person has previously won a Graduate Dependent Scholarship. The number of asterisks corresponds to the number of awards the individual has previously received.