Class of the Month: 1984
Every month we will recognize a featured class online, highlighting the accomplishments and catching up with where they are now.
- This month we are celebrating the Class of 1984!
- The Class of 1984 celebrated their 30th Reunion last year! Share your class and reunion photos using hashtag #usafa1984 on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
- What They've Done: 18 General Officers,
34 CEO/VPs, 16 Medical or Legal, 142 Airline Professionals, and 2 astronauts.
- Giving Back: 422 AOG Members,
23 Sabre Society Members
over $700K Lifetime Giving
1984 Award Statistics:
- Rhodes Scholars - 1
- Dist. Service Medal - 1
- Silver Star - 2
- Dist. Flying Cross - 19
Col. (Ret.) Benjamin Alvin Drew Jr. '84 details his extraordinary journey through the United States Air Force and his missions to space.
Fisher DeBerry became the head football coach following the 1983 season. During his 23-year career, his teams would win an Academy record 169 games.
Class of 1984 Links
- Class History | Website
- On the opening night of the Gulf War, Captain Brent Brandon '84 racked up an air-air triumph in an unarmed EF-111. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross.
- Video of Astronaut Gregory H. Johnson '84 explaining why he is excited about the arrival of the first Shuttle Crew Compartment Trainer at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force.
If you would like your class to be highlighted as the Class of the Month in the future, send us an email with class news or projects that you'd like to have showcased.
People have asked "How do you choose the class of the month?", and your class involvement with the AOG and USAFA Endowment really helps determine what projects we feature at a given time. Grads in the news can also impact what class content gets showcased from month to month.